This project presents a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based embedded system which is used to achieve high speed segmentation of 3D images. Segmentation is performed using Expectation-Maximization with Maximization of Posterior Marginals (EM/MPM) Bayesian algorithm. In this system, the embedded processor controls a custom circuit which performs the MPM and portions of the EM algorithm.
The embedded processor completes the EM algorithm and also controls image data transmission between host computer and on-board memory. The whole system has been implemented on Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGA and achieved over 100 times improvement compared to standard desktop computing hardware.
Source: Purdue University
Author: Liu, Chao
- 3D Image Segmentation Implementation on FPGA Using EM/MPM Algorithm (ECE/EEE Project)
- FPGA Implementation of FFT Algorithm for IEEE 802.16e (Mobile WiMAX) (Electronics Project)
- Design and program multi-processor platform for high-performance embedded processing
- Modeling and Optimization Techniques for Efficient Implementation of Parallel Embedded Systems (Electronics Project)
- Evaluation of European SRAM-based FPGA Using the ESA VHDL IP-Core Library (Electronic Space Project)
- Multimedia Protection using Content and Embedded Fingerprints (Electronics Project)
- Automotive Electronics and their Implementation in a Race Car (Electronics Project)