The aim of this .NET Application is to develop an ASP.NET 3.5 Web Application using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2008 and Crystal Report.
The purpose of this assignment is to develop a web application that can be used to keep track of the patients registering in a hospital. Also, this system should support features such as accessing the previous visit histories of any patient, search for patients by name and other attributes, etc.
Some of the most general requirements of the system are:
• Registration of patients
• Users are either normal users or admin; they need to login before using the system
• Users of this system can search for patients by name, admission date and discharge
• Users can view the previous visit histories of any patient
• System can maintain the list of doctors in the hospital
• System can maintain the list of beds/rooms available in the hospital
• Patients can be categorized into “In Patients” and “Out Patients”
Following basic pages/screens are used with use of ADO.NET for data operations:
Patient List (both “in” and “out”)
• Data control displays the list of registered patients.
• Staff’s are able to enter the full of a patient to filter the list of patients.
• It is also possible to filter patient list by DateofRegistration.
• This screen allows add/edit patient registration. We had used a Grid View for this purpose
• This screen displays the list of patient visits.
• The details of patient visits can also be filtered by patient name, date of visit and date of discharge.
• This screen displays the list of all available doctors.
For the above pages we had used the proper Validations, Themes and User Controls. This part of the web system will be accessed by the admin (username: admin, password: admin).
Following admin pages are added to the system:
This page has the following features-
• Assign a doctor to a patient,
• Treatment history of each doctor (i.e. which patient he/she has treated in past and/or is treating)
• Add/Edit doctors
For all these pages we had used ADO.NET and the themes for admin pages are different from Staff Pages.
We had used LINQ to code the following additional admin pages:
• This screen uses a grid view to display the list of all available beds in the hospital.
• Add/Edit bed information
• A page that calculates amount payable by the “in-patient” upon discharge.
• Presenting of an Invoice and change of status (patient-discharged) in the database.
Apart from that we had implemented:
1. Some AJAX controls to any of the above pages.
2. Changed the admin login functionality:
• We are storing the admin password in an encrypted format in the database. Now the admin login code is reading an encrypted password.
3. Used the Crystal Report to the project that displays the following statistics:
• Top 5 doctors (in terms of how many patients have they treated?)
• A graphical element to the report to visually display the above information
We had also attached all the databases and Stored Procedures that we had used in our Application and some of the related files associated with the Application.