A carbon dioxide emission calculator for buildings created by the U.S.-based company CTG Energetics, Inc. and based on a Excel file has been converted to a ASP.NET / SQL Server web application. Carbon dioxide emissions are calculated using data given by the user (i.e. floor area, workdays per year) in combination with statistical data used in user-selectable presets (i.e. building type, climate zone, type of water-using fixtures).
In most cases a custom value can be inserted instead of using a preset. Emissions attributable both directly and indirectly to the building such as building energy use, domestic water use, landscape/irrigation, transportation, materials used for the building/parking lot and the disposal of solid waste are calculated. The emissions can be compared with a national average and/or emissions from alternate scenarios created for the same building. The web application contains some upgrades and extra functionality that would not have been possible in Excel such as user handling.
Source: Uppsala University
Author: Mäkivierikko, Aram
- Matrimonial Web Application in ASP.Net (Computer Project)
- Carbon Fiber Electronic Interconnects (Mechanical Project)
- Classifieds Website like Sulekha using ASP.net and C#.net (Computer Project)
- A Parking Management System using Service Science, Management and Engineering (SSME) Approach (MBA/Computer Project)
- Modeling and Simulation of Carbon Nanotube Field Effect Transistors (Electronics Project)
- Low Temperature Waste Heat Solutions (Mechanical Project)
- Data Transformation Portal (Computer Project)