3D television using multiple views rendering is receiving increasing interest. In this technology a number of video sequences are transmitted simultaneously and provides a larger view of the scene or stereoscopic viewing experience. With two views stereoscopic rendition is possible. Nowadays 3D displays are available that are capable of displaying several views simultaneously and the user is able to see different views by moving his head.
The work aims at implementing a demonstration system with a number of simultaneous views. The system will include two cameras, computers at both the transmitting and receiving end and a multi-view display. Besides setting up the hardware, the main task is to implement software so that the transmission can be done over an IP-network.
This report includes an overview and experiences of similar published systems, the implementation of real time video, its compression, encoding, and transmission over the internet with the help of socket programming and finally the multi-view display in 3D format. This report also describes the design considerations more precisely regarding the video coding and network protocols.
Source: Linköping University
Author: Abdullah Jan, Mirza | Ahsan, Mahmododfateh
- Scalable Video Transport over IP Networks (Networking Project)
- 3G and Internet Protocols Integration (Networking Project)
- Developing Multi-modal Interfaces for Visually Impaired People to Access the Internet
- Internet Cafe Monitoring System in Visual Basic (Computer Project)
- Embedded Internet for Pulse Oximeters
- Scalable and QoS Networking Solutions for Telemedicine (Netwoking/Biomedical Project)
- TCP Performance in an EGPRS system (Computer/Networking Project)