Ontologies have become an important tool for representing data in a structured manner. Merging ontologies allows for the creation of ontologies that later can be composed into larger ontologies as well as for recognizing patterns and similarities between ontologies. Ontologies are being used nowadays in many areas, including bioinformatics.
In this project, we present a desktop version of SAMBO, a system for merging ontologies that are represented in the languages OWL and DAML+OIL. The system has been developed in the programming language JAVA with JDK (Java Development Kit) 1.4.2. The user can open a file locally or from the network and can merge ontologies using suggestions generated by the SAMBO algorithm. SAMBO provides a user-friendly graphical interface, which guides the user through the merging process.
Source: Linköping University
Author: Abdulahad, Bassam | Lounis, Georgios
- Online Address Book in JAVA (Computer Project)
- Student Information System in JAVA (Computer Project)
- Vehicle Management System in JAVA (Computer Project)
- Inventory Management System in JAVA (Computer Project)
- Mobile Web Search Personalization using Ontological User Profile (Computer Project)
- Payroll Management System in JAVA (Computer Project)
- Simple Chat Program in JAVA (Computer Project)